Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bar Exam to Me: I'm Fucking You Tonight (and for the next two-point-five weeks)

Here we go, kids, two more subjects I won't really study and then it's the two-week leadup to the bar. No more BarBri to force me to wake up in the mornings (or, sometimes, the early afternoon so I can make it to the 1:30) - just me and the books.

And I know I'm not even going to have the luxury of goofing off or catching up on Friendster, TV, or even the rare nap. I got my score back from the BarBri MBE administered at the Javits Center last week, and let's just say I've got some work to do between now and July 25. I keep hearing stories about how people got in the 80s on the practice test (which thankfully I didn't) and ended up with 150-somethings on the real bar, so that's good, but not exactly something I'd like to rely upon. Especially in light of the fact that I am apparently scoring in the sixth percentile nationwide in Evidence, a subject that was supposed to be my best. Not that I trust their percentages, which make no sense whatsoever. If I got zero questions right on a topic, how did I still do better than nine percent of the country? Suspect. But still totally disturbing.

By the way, that test at the Javits Center was such a scene. I truly believe that if someone had shown me a photograph of thousands of poorly groomed, sweating, anxious law students coming in with their little plastic bags and Vitamin Water, I would have thought twice about attending law school.

Anyway, I think I will be hopping back onto the Paced Program train after the classes end this Tuesday. I think I need someone standing over me telling me what to do so I don't panic. It's going to be a long, long next couple of weeks, and my guess is that it will be at least moderately painful. But I'm ready. BRING IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter