Wednesday, September 13, 2006

She works hard for the money

Well the day had to come and here it is. I have someplace to go in the morning, I have a new reason to go shopping, I am finally going to get a paycheck one day, and I'm back to being happily sleep-deprived. Obviously I'm not going to talk about where I'm working, even though it is temporary, and even though there are some serious characters I'd love to discuss, like, for example, Michael Jackson lady, Sweet-But-Dumb 1, Sweet-But-Dumb 2, Jersey Trash, and the Defensive Middle Manager. Instead, I'll just say that I quite like it and I am so much happier now that I'm no longer a porch monkey.

(Not that I have a porch, but you know.)

One thing I've noticed is that since I last had somewhere to go in business casual clothing, styles have changed a lot. The new skirts that ladies wear to work are belted in a completely different part of the body. Last time I wore a belt, it went around my hips but that is no longer done, apparently. I just found out that I have a waist, and I'm really enjoying it. Who knew?

I've also discovered the joys of bringing my own lunch to work. This is partly a function of my complete and total insolvency but either way, it's kind of nice to come in with a gourmet tomato & balsamic salad and a sandwich just the way I like it. Plus that's $50 a week, give or take, that I just don't have to charge to my mother. I'm sure she appreciates it.

On a different note, I am watching "Without A Trace" which is sort of a bad show but addictive nonetheless. This episode, however, is chock-full of both people with fake Romanian accents and alumni of "Dead Man on Campus." Remember that movie? If not, go rent it, because Zack Morris is totally hilarious in it. So both the crazy frat guy and Josh's love interest, Rachel, are in the episode, which is quite amusing. I wonder if they stayed friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lazy Raccoon said...

Aren't you working as the ADA?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Strict Scrutiny said...

Not yet - gotta pass the bar first. Good times.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter