Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The money pit

I knew today had gone too well. It was a beautiful morning, just chilly enough to make me appreciate my nice fluffy comforter. But I woke myself up, selected an outfit, and listened to the radio while I packed a lunch. I remembered to bring some single-serving prepackaged oatmeal for breakfast, and treated myself to a cup of coffee while walking to the train, and enjoyed my short, not-too-taxing commute. I had a productive, busy day, during which I worked reasonably hard, reduced the pile of crap on my desk down to a couple of small projects, and was even praised by my boss a couple of times for my good work. I left a half hour late, which was great because I am paid by the hour. And then I got home.

To a flood.

I love my apartment, not only because it is free but also because it is beautiful. It is also quite old, and has its, shall we say, quirks. This fine afternoon, I walked in to a chorus of angry mewing. That is pretty common, because while I have happily adjusted to my working life, my cats are still angry with me for not staying with them all day anymore. Then I saw the dirty pawprints all over the kitchen floor (which I had just mopped) and knew something was wrong. Last year, around this time, the same exact thing happened. I think I may have made some politically incorrect jokes about Hurricane Katrina visiting my living room, and payback is definitely a bitch. Cause here it is again baby! and the plumber ain't coming 'til Friday.

So now my living room smells like asbestos, my cats have wet paws, there are wet disgusting towels dripping dry in my just-cleaned bathroom, and I have to change buckets of filthy brown water everytime my inconsiderate upstairs neighbors decide to shower (because even though they know that it floods my apartment when they shower, personal cleanliness apparently overrides consideration, since they've been at it since I got home an hour ago). Awesome. I thought Europeans didn't shower.

I knew today had gone too well.

5 Comments:

Anonymous jules who hasn't mailed your shoes said...

Oh, boo! That completely sucks! Is there a donation fund for the flood victims?

12:25 PM  
Blogger E. McPan said...

Aww, that's sad.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

2015-10-27 xiaozhengm
coach outlet
canada goose jackets
oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,prescription sunglasses,polarized sunglasses,aviator sunglasses,spy sunglasses,oakleys,oakley canada,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley frogskins,oakley holbrook,cheap sunglasses,wayfarer sunglasses,oakley standard issue,fake oakleys,oakley glasses,oakley.com,oakley prescription glasses,oakley goggles,sunglasses for men,oakley gascan,oakley store,oakleys sunglasses
Toms Shoes Sale Clearance
michael kors outlet
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton handbags
Air Jordan 6 Cigar
uggs on sale
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
fitflops
Michael Kors Outlet Official Website
michael kors handbags
tory burch sale
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
ralph lauren uk
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
ugg boots
hermes bags
Discount Clearance Coach Outlet Handbags
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet stores
michael kors outlet stores
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
hollister uk sale
michael kors outlet online
Canada Goose,Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Jackets,Canada Goose Sale
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus
Nike Lebron James Shoes For Sale

2:55 AM  
Blogger roba gad said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-khobar.htm
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-dammam.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-al-hasa.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-jubail.html

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter